Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Financiers for a Quiet Day...


Obviously, judging from the above (and previous) photo(s), I would never succeed as a food photographer. Let me assure you these little cookies look much better in real life, than on this dreadful digicam photo. I can also assure you that they taste yummy, as I've finally made peace with my silicone molds. Earlier on, when I had written about how surprisingly well this silicone baking stuff performed, I really was happy with the cooking performance, but not so much with the total appearance of finish products. Therefore, the space age silicone did perform well, but to a fault. Inside, my little cookies, the batter baked evenly and consistently. Outside, also, but with the exception of the very middle of the bottoms, which would be somewhat wavy. I tried all sorts of solutions, from varying oven temperatures to batter ingredients, but finally, the only successful remedy was the use of a pastry bag to fill each mold to insure even and full coverage on bottoms...Result? Success! Now my little financiers both look and taste wonderful!!!

Until we meet for coffee,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment