Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Housewifery 101

As my dear friend has said....going from working woman to housewife can send you in to a tailspin. I myself have done it successfully..twice. That first day is always an interesting one. Lots of pacing or just trying to figure out what to do with your day. But, let me tell you, there is so much to being a housewife, it can make one's head spin.

I am the CEO, CFO, driver, cook, janitor, and social secretary of the S family. I do it ALL. And...I love it. It is no secret. It is fulfilling. No, I may not earn a paycheck doing it, but I do hone the same skills I used while working outside the home. In many ways I am busier. I do long for something of my own sometimes...which is what has brought me to this point....apron making. I keep hearing that voice in the back of my head, "What are you thinking? You don't need yet another thing on your plate!!" Why not, I say. Maybe something will come of it maybe not. We'll see....this should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment