Monday, January 16, 2006

The Good Wife

So it seems I have finally accepted the role of the good wife. I have finally submitted to a husband, finally yielded the power and control. As Biblically prescribed, I have finally become what a wife should be (Ephesians 5:22-24 KJV; Proverbs 31:10-31 KJV). This is what this housewifery stuff is all about. I am no longer attempting to be the more strong, rebellious, and controlling partner. And surprise: independence has not been wholly lost, nor has my identity been compromised. I have realized that any particular job/career choice did not define who I was as a person, only what I did in return for monetary compensation. Therefore, I have simply accepted less responsibility, leaving the more for whom it was Divinely intended: my husband. Unfortunately, it has taken many years for me to accept this less is more scenario, but better late than never. My father would have been very proud of his reinvented, "little one." If he were still alive, he would say, "Now you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing!"

Happy Birthday, Daddy.

As I mentioned in last week’s post, Daniel got the old sewing machine going again. However, in the end, the old machine just wasn’t up to the task. There was little hope, after all. Some parts were far too worn to work properly, while others simply wouldn’t work at all. Therefore, the old sewing machine has reverted back to fulfilling its role as a table. In response, I have ordered a shiny, new and modern tabletop model which should be arriving this week! Hurrah!

Hopefully soon, I’ll be posting pictures of home-sewn aprons and retro kitchen accessories. Accessories? Yes, accessories! Toaster and tea kettle cozies, pie covers, casserole dish warmers, pot holders, tea towels, and any other kitschy domestic, culinary cuties that I decide to fashion.
"Mwahahahaha!"

Until we meet for coffee,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment